Call for Papers
THIRD CONFERENCE ON ISLAMIC TAXES
The Convergence of the New, Existing Conventional and the Islamic Taxes
Mofid University, Qom, Iran – March 8, 2011
The 3rd annual Islamic tax conference aims to address the main issues concerned with improving the tax system consistent with Islamic rules. This convergence can accelerate the performance of the evolved system toward distributional justice, increasing tax revenue, more efficiently resource allocation as well as avoiding multiple counting in tax payment.
• The Placement of Charity Donation in Tax-Deductibility (Tax-Deductibility of Charity donation)
• The Relationship between New Taxes and Islamic Taxes
• The Role of Islamic Taxes in the Economic Growth and Development
Submission Process and Timeline:
• Abstracts should contain title of paper, topic area, full name of author and co-authors (if applicable), Institution/Company, email, and complete postal address, telephone and fax.
• Authors (including co-authors) should attach their CVs.
• Abstracts should clearly state the objective/purpose of the paper.
• Abstracts are limited to a maximum of 500 words.
• Deadline for submission of abstracts is November 23, 2010???
• Submitted Abstracts will undergo a double-blind review process and will be evaluated by at least two reviewers.
• Full papers of the accepted abstracts should be submitted in a maximum of 15 pages (7500 words) by February 24, 2011 for final review.
• Final acceptance is contingent on the review team’s judgments.
• Full papers must be exclusively prepared for this conference, not having been copyrighted, previously published, or considered for publication elsewhere.
• Iranian National Tax Administration
• Mofid University
• The Research Institute of Hawzah and University
• Institute for Islamic Culture & Thought (IICT)
• The Islamic Economy Association of Seminary
Office of the Secretary
Center for Economic Studies, Mofid University, Mofid Sq. Qom, Iran P.O.Box: 37185-3611
Tel: +98 (251) 2130298 Fax: +98 (251) 2932135
Site: www.mofidu.ac.ir email: firstname.lastname@example.org